I work with professionals who need direct response copywriting or plain language writing
Specifically, I work with financial, insurance and B2B companies who use digital or direct marketing to grow. Or companies who need help unraveling a monster of a document for mere mortals..
By the way, I work at home an hour from Toronto, Canada. But I work with companies throughout Canada, the United States and around the world.
Digital and direct response marketers who hire copywriters
I love working with growing companies who use direct marketing to grow. And who want to attract more of their best customers using simple, real – and human copy.
Is this you?
- A results-driven digital or direct marketer who could teach me a thing or two, and routinely tests out new copywriters against their controls
- A B2B marketer who uses direct marketing to sell to other professionals
- A financial business owner who uses direct marketing to sell advisory services, research, investment scanning or "do it yourself" investing in real estate or precious metals or example (white hats only)
- A large information marketer, who wants to work with a Dan Kennedy Certified Copywriter (please read what this means below)
- A digital marketing executive at at a mid-sized financial company such as a bank or insurance company, credit union or investment management company
- An association marketer, where you need a specific number of people to opt-in to a benefit, to guarantee your rates (I have extensive experience in life and health benefits)
- A Rebel With a Cause Entrepreneur with an innovative financial or B2B product that good people need to know about. True Confession: I love the leading edge.
- A busy agency or consulting firm who could use an experienced freelancer for a picky financial, insurance or B2B client. (I used to be a full time consultant and today, I love working with the pros)
About my Dan Kennedy Trained Copywriter designation
Yes, I'm a Dan Kennedy Certified Copywriter for Info-Marketers. But it would be crazy to think that Dan is responsible for my work. To (understandably) protect himself, Dan requires me to prominently publish the following:
The Dan Kennedy Copywriter for Info-Marketers Certification is awarded to professional copywriters who have successfully completed a course of study of preparation for such copywriting. This Certification has not been provided by an accredited education institution. It does not constitute endorsement of or liability for any individual copywriter by Mr. Kennedy or any companies or organizations affiliated with Mr. Kennedy. The client's relationship is solely with the individual copywriter retained via any agreement.
Consultants and companies needing a plain language writer
In addition to sales writing, I also work freelance with companies who need a plain language expert. And who have decided that they're done with baffling jargon, acronymns and eye-watering legalese.
- Busy plain language consulting firms who could use a dependable, experienced freelancer to help with forms, statements, applications, contracts and more. (I used to be a full time consultant and today, I love working freelance with the pros)
- Executives who care about customer experience and may have a monster of a document they need to unravel for mere mortals. If this is you, please know that I'm mostly supporting consultants these days. But if I can help, I will. Or refer you to someone who can.
Don't see yourself here?
But sense we might be a fit? Keep in mind that I work on the business side (not consumer). But sometimes personality fit is just as important.
CONTACT ME NOW
I only work with Professional Like Minds...You?
This section is a bit fun, a bit serious. Maybe to some of you, a tad obvious. Truth is, I've only worked with good, professional people over the years. And. Because life is short...I want to keep it that way.
“It is mutual trust, even more than mutual interest, that holds human associations together.”
H. L. Mencken
Check #1: You only work with dependable, professional freelancers
Because you’re dependable and a pro…
- You return calls and emails. You do what you say you’re going to do. You expect the same from the copywriters you work with.
- You give enough time for a copywriter to do their best work. Sure, you have rush jobs now and then, who doesn’t? And you appreciate it when a copywriter steps up. But you generally don’t like working that way.
- You give clear direction and plenty of background. You expect copywriters to listen, ask for what they need – and then go above and beyond. But you don't expect them to read your mind.
- You don’t exploit the little guy. When you have your final copy in hand, you promptly pay the balance. It's the way you roll. Win-win.
- You respect others' time. You don’t expect copywriters to be on call at odd hours. Unless you’ve agreed to chat in advance. But you do appreciate someone who will jump in (because sometimes stuff happens).
Check #2: You only work with people who have integrity
You may think this is a no-brainer. But there are Black Hats out there...
- No hidden fees or bait and switch, and you comply with email marketing laws
- No get rich quick schemes, or inflated promises or results
- No dubious financial claims that will land the FTC or financial regulators on your doorstep
- No phony proof or testimonials or other shady marketing practices
- No hiding how your business works, or burying the sticky truth in the fine print, and
- No manipulating people to spend their last dime or max out their 30% interest credit card to work with you. Sorry. That's just ick.
Check #3: You see copywriting as an investment… not an expense
And you’d rather work with a writer who charges a bit more, than take a chance on the cheap.
You don’t always need a pricey “rock star” copywriter or consultant.
But you may have learned the hard way: you get what you pay for.
Yes, you want copy that gets results. And if it beats your control, even better.
You're willing to pay fairly. You want no sneaky invoice surprises.
But cheaping out on your copy? That's a risk you're not willing to take...
CONTACT ME NOW
Not ready to work with me?
I understand. Why not consider signing up at my home page so I don't fall off your radar? That way, you'll be politely notified when I have more to share.